tracking

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Be Still and Know...

In all honesty, it's been a hell of a week and a half. Baby L is now 4 weeks old, and absolutely thriving (as long as I calm myself down and remember not to compare her to everyone else's kid). I am now a year older, following my birthday on the 2nd, and am one organ lighter following an emergency appendectomy on October 1. Yesterday was the first day on my own at home following the surgery, and I felt as though I was plunged right back into the emotional turmoil that is part of bringing home your brand new infant all over again. It's been hard - it is not in my nature to be homebound - and I've been anything but emotionally secure. In my heart, I know that I will be back on my "feet" within the next week or two, but my head grows impatient.

Through all of this, it's easy to ask oneself "why me?" or "what next?" but during the last two days, this statement has been playing over and over in my head. "Be still and know that I am God." So my days have been going something like this:

Baby cries. Be Still.
I cry. Be still.
The night is short. Be still.
I'm lonely. Be still.

I am not alone. I will be alright. We will get through.

5 comments:

Robin Kramer said...

Yes, you absolutely will get through!

phillyreconstructed said...

You may feel lonely sometimes, but you are never, ever alone.

Sarah said...

Very well put... and a reminder I needed too.

Luna said...

Please forgive me that I don't know everything you are going through, but I feel called to share with you....

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Anne said...

Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement. They really got me through my day (and week)! Kelly, thank you for the additional scripture. A good reminder, and I am absolutely thankful. Even tough times are a gift.