tracking

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I am resolved...

Happy 2008, and welcome to the resolution that is my new blog! In the past few weeks, I've done a complete 180 when it comes to resolutions. I started with too many to count:

  1. The ever-popular weight loss resolution
  2. The I need to get back to playing my french horn and the piano resolution
  3. The I feel guilty for not having been to church regularly for the past 5 years, so I should really do something about it this time resolution
  4. The eat only locally made/grown foods resolution (this one I'm sticking to...especially after an awful bout w/ food poisoning to bring in the new year!!!)
  5. The learning something new resolutions.....many of them
  6. The knit more resolution
  7. The spend more time w/ my husband resolution (how am I going to do this if I've got to accomplish all of those other things??!!)
  8. And on, and on, and on.....
I shared my long list (and my frustration with its impossibility) with my husband a few days ago. And in a great moment of wisdom, he asked me, "Will this all make you happy?"

Hmmm....touche....

I'd get so stressed out and so wrapped up in getting all of these things accomplished that I'd never take joy in having done any of it!

So...my one and only resolution for 2008 is to SIMPLY LIVE.

Stay tuned for further musings...

1 comment:

Marcy said...

a wise man that husband of yours :-)