tracking

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ah, She's a Witty One

Every day, Bean puts together ridiculous amounts of knowledge that add to her understanding of the world. And then she tells (or draws) us about them. These conversations reveal some one-liner gems and pictorial insights that leave us laughing, wondering, and, sometimes, purely in shock. Today gave us several of these moments. Here are the highlights:

Pre-dinner conversation:

Bean is gathering her art supplies. She's got a tablet and some colored pencils in her hand.

Bean: These are my portrait things, Mommy.
Me: Oh yeah?
Bean: Yeah, these are for drawing portraits.
Me: Do you know what a portrait is?
Bean: No.
(I explain.)
Me: Can you draw my portrait?
Bean: Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure. Let me see if I can find a page here....

Pre-dinner doodles:

Bean: This is your belly button...And Here's your mouth. I think you're smiling. Yeah, you have a smiley face......

Sorry no, that's a frog.

Me: Um.....Can I have eyes?
Bean: Oh, yeah sure.
      And here's a nose. (giggles to herself) It looks like a hot air balloon. It's a hot air balloon nose!
Me: I have a hot air balloon nose?
Bean: Yeah...


Dinner Conversation:

B has gravy left on his plate so he goes to get a piece of bread to mop it up. After peeking at the Bean through a hole in the bread, he offers her half. 

B: Would you like some?
Bean: No. Definitely not.
(B and I raise eyebrows at each other.)
B: OK.....
................

Bean: Can I have some bread?
(Laughter)

Bean: There's no need for laughing!

More Dinner Conversation:

Bean: Boy, you're really tanked up, Mommy!
Me: .......



1 comment:

Eva said...

Oh my, this made me laugh so hard! Post more Beanisms, please!