tracking

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Three!

Oh, my! You're three today! What an amazing thing! Three is a birthday you've looked forward to for quite awhile. It was the milestone you referenced for when you'd be able to go to school...



And here we are! You're doing it! You started school last week and you're learning so much already. I can tell that you really like it there. You're making friends and every day you share something about your day that was new and exciting.



This has been a big year for you in so many ways, but the biggest deal by far is that you became a big sister. We began waiting for your brother, who we all call Little Mister, to arrive soon after you turned two! It was a joy to wait for him along with you - you called me your "Big Momma" and you were very proud to help prepare our home for his arrival. Since he arrived in June, you have loved Little Mister. You take care of him and look out for him, making sure that someone comes to help when he cries. Every night you kiss and hug him goodnight, and you've started telling me what you think he's saying when he "squeaks."



You ARE a tremendous helper, for Momma and Dad, your grandparents, and to people you don't even know. I am so proud of how much you care for others. You greet people as we meet them and often stop to offer help to those who might be having trouble carrying something or setting off to do a chore like setting the table. Nearly every day you ask me, "Can I help?" with something.

doing laundry
Your favorite chores are the laundry, vacuuming, making your bed, and putting the soap in the dishwasher. Some day you'll probably read this and roll your eyes, but you even MADE ME scrub my bath tub one morning because it was getting "too dusty."

making the bed
My favorite thing about this past year - and hopefully your favorite too - is that we've had so many adventures together! You are keen on discovering your world, asking me every morning, "Where are we going today?" Since we've had a lot of time together after Little Mister was born, we've explored parks, made friends, danced in fountains, gone swimming in pools, creeks, and lakes, and met all sorts of animals at farms and fairs. Your eyes sparkle when we see new things, and you're always noticing the little stuff of life. Like the day we took a walk and you noted the yellow butterfly that was flying alongside us the entire way, and the Queen Anne's Lace that grows in the vacant lots in our neighborhood - it's one of your favorite flowers.

Every Saturday is "family day," and you hold that sacred. I live for the moments when you sit between me and Dad, put your arms around us, and say,"I love my family." In these moments, you effervesce with an infectious joy. Your Dad and I love you so very much and our family would not be complete without you. 

Happy birthday, Little One. May your joy overflow. 

No comments: