tracking

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pregnancy Log (Surprise!) Week 10

Photo taken at 9 weeks

Nope, didn't swallow a bowling ball. There's a baby in there! It's amazing how little time there is to focus on being pregnant with a second child because there's another little someone who's already right here. We are thrilled to be welcoming a new little one into the world next Summer (June-ish) and so that I at least have 5 minutes a week to focus on our new little Nugget, I'll be recording all of the excitement (and waiting) right here each week. 


How far along? 10 weeks, 1 day
How big is baby? As big as a kumquat.
Total weight gain/loss:
  4 pounds - I've been hungry the whole first trimester! Shocking!
Maternity clothes?
Yes. I cannot believe how much more quickly things started to expand. And maternity clothes are sooooo much more comfy.
Stretch marks?
Nope.
Sleep: Sneaking catnaps whenever I can (which isn't very often - darn working!) and sleep through the night aside from 2-3 potty breaks. Bean's been an earlybird lately, so if I want extra sleep, I need to hit the hay early.
Best moment this week: Bean is successfully potty training! Woot! Highlight from that experience is that she successfully went in a public restroom yesterday, an experience that fills me with great anxiety, so I'm glad it went well.
Have you told family and friends:
Yep - they've known for about a month. Seems like longer...hmmmm.....
Movement: Not yet.
Food cravings:
The cravings change. In general, chocolate is awesome. I'm also wanting spicy things sometimes, which is a big surprise to me. Meat, especially beef, is also a winner.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still feeling queasy most evenings. It was like this with the Bean too. Digestion seems to move slowly, so by night time things get a little backed up in teh system. Feeling bloated and nauseous at night as a result.
Other symptoms: Exhausted.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, though it's still at the point that if people know I'm pregnant they see it right away, and if they don't know, well, I probably just look like I've been eating too much. :P
Gender prediction: I keep thinking boy. We've decided not to find out this time, so it'll be an exciting surprise!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out?
Normal.
Wedding rings on or off?
On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both. B and I had a lovely weekend away this past week, which helped the mood tremendously. With the fatigue, it's hard to be patient with the two-year-old who doesn't want to go to bed at night.
Weekly Wisdom: When working with smart and willful toddlers, stick to your guns. Or they will play you. Over and over. The end.
Milestones: Appointment tomorrow- hoping to hear the heartbeat of my little Nugget!

2 comments:

StockOMom said...

!!!!!! I'm glad I popped on over here at your blog! I'm so happy for you guys! And I'm sure Bean will be an excellent Big Sister! Could I use any more exclamation points ?!!?? <3

Anne said...

Thank you!!!!!! :)