tracking

Friday, January 13, 2012

B-Word of the Week: Book

Book was the Bean's first word. Right after Dada, and before Momma, she began asking to read. As many families probably do, we've gone through several phases of favorite titles, books that she'd ask for night after night. Until recently, however, the Bean would typically request different titles every night to accompany whichever book was the favorite. This is something that I most certainly took for granted, as we've now entered a phase of strict adherence to routine. We've been reading the same three books every night since Thanksgiving, sometimes more than once. Part of me loves this, as the Bean can now read these books to herself pretty well, and part of me is anxious to change up the mix a little bit.

Ultimately, I am grateful that my little girl loves reading so much. It has most certainly contributed to her language development and has helped to satisfy her insatiable interest in everything. It provides wonderful quality time together and acts as a conduit for us to sing, dance, and laugh together. It is also one of the few times my daughter sits almost completely still...in my lap! This is why, no matter what the book Bean chooses for me to read night after night, I will always embrace the opportunity to pick it up and make the story come alive for her once again.

Although the selections may not change frequently, we invite you to read along with us. From now on, we'll share our current bedtime favorites on Bean's very own virtual bookshelf. We look forward to sharing them with you, and to hearing about your favorites, too!

No comments: